Saturday 10 August 2013

Murphy can suck it

It's been nearly a month since I posted anything on this thing, so I better get cracking. As you can see I'm not an avid blogger: this is really just a diary for me where I dump all the horrible mental shit that goes through my head.
It's very cool though that you guys react to it.

So I should maybe give some updates and see where that leads.
For starters, I have finally finished the last draft I am willing to do of First Born. Now it's in the hands of God, my manager and the worker bees at AEC Stellar and an editor. Book 2 is written but needs to go through the process before I am even comfortable releasing proper snippets of preview chapters.

Then there are the Pandora Chronicles.
What is that, I heard you ask.
Well, my ethereal friends; the Pandora Chronicles is a series of books the first of which I am working on right now. It's Sci-Fi and action-adventure. It's Indiana Jones meets Assassins Creed.
And if you want to read the prologue of the first book take a peak over here: http://enkousama.blogspot.com/2012/12/genesis.html
Yep. Genesis is in fact the prologue of this novel and should give you an idea of what to expect.

Wraith: Agent of the Force is over as well. That Star Wars fanfiction short story took a lot out of me as one of the longest projects, but it is over too.
check out the full story here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9176627/1/Wraith-Agent-of-the-Force

As of yesterday I have finished writing a TV pilot and am trying desperately to improve it. It's bad right now- I mean, this thing looks like it's been hit by a truck.

Meanwhile I've had one of the worst weeks of my life. It seems that the universe is trying to impose Murphy's Law on me.
Here's a list:
- a minor car crash which did no damage to the cars involved but left me with nine stitches around the knee.
- my computer is away for repairs for two weeks
- I can't work on the things I need to work on with regards to edits and short stories.
- and of course I can't walk, drive or train or otherwise alleviate the stress welling up inside of me.

Maybe there is a God out there - and the bastard is probably laughing his ass off at me. All I know is that if I ever see Fortuna, the Roman goddess of fortune, I am bitch slapping her to the next dimension.

My only complaint so far is that I have a lot of time doing nothing, and that is not healthy for me. I tend to start asking questions and be more of an introvert, which usually leads to self doubt and depredations of mental nature.
Once that happens your day is just ruined.

Though I was never a big believer in luck.
One of my favorite Celldweller songs ( and trust me there are a lot of those) is called the Lucky One. The bridge goes something like this:
"I've tried to push straight through the suck
head first but now my fucking head is stuck
I'm feeling like a stupid schmuck
Lucky for me I don't believe in luck"

Anyone who's an artist knows that those words aren't just lyrics - they are a hard hitting documentary!
Anyone who fought through years of sweat, blood and torment (often self inflicted) knows that luck is just a perspective.
So yeah, maybe some people have a random chance of success better than others. That's only 10% of the formula. The remaining 90 is divided between 10% skill and 80% perseverance.

And through that perspective I suppose I'm starting to see the world a little differently. I mean, so what if I can't walk right? At least I didn't lose my leg.
So what if I can't get an much work done as I want to. If I hadn't grabbed pen and paper and decided to write new projects from scratch then I wouldn't have two new shiny additions to my idea drawer. I wouldn't have branched out into writing in a format completely out of my comfort zone.

So I suppose the point of this post is to
A. Let you know I'm alive although only partially kicking.
B. To give you some updates and wave my new projects in your face whilst I'm still in denial of just how much they truly suck big balls.
C. To say a big Fuck you to Murphy, whoever that guy is.

My philosophy is that of the Lucky One (Song not the lame movie).
Murphy's Law can suck it.

No comments:

Post a Comment